Warm Holiday Wishes from Your Friends at Glider Oil
- 4:56 pm - December 18th, 2014
The holidays are filled with family and celebrations, but they’re also filled with shopping lists. This holiday season, we want to help you save a few extra dollars. By following these energy saving tips,
you can give yourself peace of mind while putting up holiday lights and inviting your family and friends over for a holiday party. Plus, with the savings, you’ll be able to treat yourself to that perfect holiday gift!
- Replace your traditional bulbs with LED lights – Running LED lights costs a fraction of traditional holiday lights and burn cooler, reducing the risk of Christmas tree fires.
- Keep your oven doors closed when cooking – Opening your oven to check on the food inside will allow about 20 degrees to escape. Turn the oven light on instead!
- Don’t leave your refrigerator open – Poor refrigerator opening/closing habits can waste enough energy every year to run your dishwasher 20-50 times.
- Lower your thermostat – Every degree you can lower your thermostat may reduce your energy use by 1-3 percent.
From our family to yours, have a happy, healthy and safe holiday season!
Share via: Twitter - Facebook - Email