Have Glider Perform Your GASCheck
Propane is a safe, versatile, and clean energy source used by over 14 million Americans. Glider Oil customers can count on us for prompt and professional delivery of quality fuel. We are also proud to provide both will-call and automatic propane delivery for your convenience all winter long. If your home utilizes propane, there are some important safety tips you should know in order to keep you and your family safe.
- Make sure you know what propane smells like – an odorant is added to propane to make it smell sulfuric, like rotten eggs. If you notice the smell, leave your home immediately and call us at (800) 486-3146 to report a possible leak.
- Keep all outdoor propane appliances, including heaters, grills, and generators, outside. Do not use them in enclosed areas like a garage or basement.
- Store propane cylinders outdoors.
- Have Glider Oil make all repairs and modifications to your equipment, valves, and other parts to ensure they run safely.
What to do if you smell gas?
- Immediately put out all smoking materials or other open flames, and do not operate lights, appliances, telephones, or cell phones in the house.
- Leave the area immediately. Get everyone out of the building or area of a suspected gas leak.
- Shut off the gas. If you can safely get to the main gas supply line on your propane tank, close the valve by turning it to the right (clockwise).
- Report the leak. Call Glider Oil to let us know about the issue. If you can’t reach us, call 911 or your local fire department.
Have Glider Oil Perform a Free GASCheck™ Safety Inspection
To ensure the safety of your propane gas system, we encourage you to schedule an appointment for GASCheck™. The National Propane Gas Association developed GasCheckTM, an important safety and preventative maintenance program for your propane system. A GASCheck™ takes roughly an hour to conduct and will provide you with important safety information about the condition of your propane system. A GASCheck™ should be scheduled every two years.
Glider Oil is your go-to expert for propane safety and equipment. If you have any questions regarding propane safety or would like to schedule a GASCheck™ inspection, visit our contact us page today or call us at (800) 724-3835.