Holiday Season Conservation Tips
- 4:51 pm - December 19th, 2013
Don’t let heating and energy costs get in the way of your good time this holiday season! By following these energy saving tips,
you won’t have to worry about the cost of putting up holiday lights or inviting your family and friends over for a holiday party.
- Replace your traditional bulbs with LED lights – LED lights costs a fraction of traditional holiday lights and burn cooler, reducing the risk of Christmas tree fires.
- Use glass or ceramic pans in the oven – These pans will allow you to cook your food at a lower heat, using less energy in the process.
- Turn off your oven before your food is fully cooked – As long as you keep the door closed, the oven will retain the heat necessary to finish cooking your meal.
- Lower your thermostat – Every degree you can lower your thermostat may reduce your energy use by 1-3 percent.
to receive more holiday season conservation tips.
Share via: Twitter - Facebook - Email