Keep Cool With These Warm Weather Conservation Tips
With warm temperature sticking around through September and even into October, there’s plenty of summer left to enjoy. Keep the good times rolling and your energy bills falling with these easy warm-weather conservation tips
. Some of these take just minutes and don’t require spending a single penny!
- Clear furniture away from air conditioning vents. This will prevent airflow blockage and provide better distribution of cool air throughout your home.
- Keep drapes, blinds and shades closed during the day to block out hot sunlight.
- Cool your attic nearly 30 degrees by installing an attic fan.
- Cook on your outdoor grill whenever possible to keep cooking heat outside your home.
- When cooking inside, use a microwave instead of a conventional oven. A microwave uses less than half the energy, cooks food in a quarter of the time, and generates much less heat.
- Plant shade trees due west of your home. By limiting the sunlight that enters your home, shade trees could actually reduce the cost of your air conditioning bills by up to 25%.
- Install reflective window coatings to deflect heat away from your home.
These simple money-saving tips
will let you focus more on enjoying the rest of your summer and less on your energy bill. Contact us
today and find out how else you can lower your energy expenses with Glider Oil.