Year-Round Conservation Tips
At Glider Oil, we’ve been championing energy conservation
for years. Many of our customers have taken this advice to heart and saved thousands of dollars while reducing their carbon footprints and becoming “greener”. Here are some energy tips
that will help you join your Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego and Onondaga County neighbors in saving both money and energy all year round:
- Install a digital programmable thermostat – According to the U.S. Department of Energy, putting your heating and cooling systems on an automatic schedule can reduce total heating and cooling costs by 5% to 15%.
- Replace outdated appliances – New, high-efficiency refrigerators, A/C units, heating equipment, and washers and dryers can significantly reduce energy consumption
- Close the fridge and oven doors - Every time you leave open the door to your refrigerator or oven, up to 30% of the heated or cooled air inside can escape, making the unit work harder.
- Fix leaky faucets – a one-drop-per-second leak can add up to 165 gallons per month wasted - more than a person uses in two weeks.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs – They use only 25% of the energy incandescent bulbs use and last 10 times longer.