How You Can Improve Your Heating System’s Efficiency
- 11:32 am - December 11th, 2019
Heating system efficiency is important if you want to stay warm all winter without tolerating rising heating costs. New York homeowners can help bolster their heating system’s efficiency all on their own! Want to improve your heating system’s efficiency?
Here are some steps you can take to save on heating costs!
- Clean or replace filters for your furnace at least once a month to maintain optimal airflow and comfort
- Keep warm-air registers, baseboard heaters and radiators from being blocked by furniture, carpeting, drapes or dust by keeping them clean and clear
- Inspect exterior vents, keeping them clear of debris and nests
- Keep the area around your outdoor condenser unit clear of sticks, rocks, leaves, ice, snow and other debris that accumulates over time
- Install and learn how to best utilize a programmable or smart thermostat to help save on energy costs
- Check and replace weather stripping and caulk around doors and windows to keep out cold drafts and keep in the warm air
Once you’ve accomplished all the tasks above, you can bring Glider Oil’s automatic fuel delivery service to keep your tank full and your heating system running when you need it most! Call us today to enroll in automatic fuel delivery.
Share via: Twitter - Facebook - Email