Glider Approved Energy Conservation Tips!
The holidays are the perfect time to catch up with loved ones and reflect on the year gone by. The holidays aren’t, however, a time to think about your energy costs. As the trusted fuel delivery provider in the communities we call home, at Glider Oil we do everything we can to keep your energy costs low during the holidays and year-round. Check out these Glider approved energy conservation tips and see how much you can save!
- Upgrade your heating system and you can save up to 30 percent or more on your fuel costs.
- Insulate your hot water tank, as well as the first six feet of hot water pipe, as recommended by the U.S. Department of Energy (and us!)
- Use the sun to warm your home by opening the shades on your south-facing windows during the day and shutting them at night.
- Clean the air filter on your furnace monthly for optimal airflow.
- Wrap pipes in insulation to prevent them from freezing and reduce heat loss.
This holiday season, take advantage of these useful energy conservation tips and be sure to turn to Glider Oil for all your Oilheat and Propane needs. To learn more, contact us today!