Brush Up on the Art of Saving
There’s no doubt you’ve heard the old adage “a little goes a long way.” Though it might sound cliché, that bit of ancient wisdom still holds up today – especially when it comes to home comfort and energy conservation.
The simple cold weather conservation solutions below will help you make the best use of your home heating while simultaneously cutting down on your energy usage. The best part? You don’t need the tutelage of a wise, stoic sage to implement them.
- Repair damaged weather stripping and caulking to keep conditioned air from leaving your home.
- Attach bottom seals to your doors – they’re affordable and prevent expensive, uncomfortable drafts.
- Make sure your ceiling has at least six inches of good thermal insulation.
- Replace any cracked glass in your windows.
- Wrap your pipes to guard against heat loss and prevent freezing.
- Install a water heater blanket to conserve fuel for greater efficiency.
- EXTRA SAFETY TIP: Avoid using space heaters. They're expensive to operate, and can pose a fire hazard.
These cost-effective conservation pointers prove that a little extra effort really does go a long way. And when you consider that home heating makes up approximately 40% of your home energy costs, these little tips provide big advantages indeed.
Contact Glider Oil
today to find out more about how you can save this season and every season.